It’s no secret that hotels can make or break a vacation. From cleanliness, to amenities, to fluffy pillows and welcoming staff, hotels are meant to feel like a home away from home.
But luxury hotels take that idea several steps further — offering things that you could never find at home, like designer toiletries, deluxe beds, state-of-the-art fitness centers, and sprawling casinos.
For the annual Loved by Guests Awards run by Hotels.com, nearly 20 million guests weighed in on their favorite luxury hotels in the world. The hotels that were determined to be the best were found to have the highest average rating from Hotels.com users.
The result is a top-10 list of hotels that boast unmatched levels of comfort, decadence, and service.
10. The Venetian Resort Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas is a destination in itself. With over 4,000 guest rooms, it’s a monstrosity that encompasses some 20 restaurants, three poolside bars, huge fitness and spa facilities, an in-house nightclub, and, of course, the infamous casino. Oh, and the whole thing is constructed along a series of faux-Venetian canals.
9. Just minutes away from Disney World, the Waldorf Astoria Orlando lets you stay in style while experiencing all that the theme parks have to offer. With a whopping 12 restaurants and two poolside bars, there’s certainly no shortage of dining options. Three outdoor pools, a full fitness center, a kid’s club, and an expansive golf course help pass the time away if Mickey Mouse and his friends aren’t on the agenda.
8. The Mondrian London has everything you could possibly need on a visit to this classic destination, and then some. Situated right on the bank of the River Thames, impressive views, stunning decor, and the finest of amenities — including outdoor terraces, designer toiletries, and fine dining — make for an unforgettable stay.
7. Sleek, modern, and impeccably designed, the Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur is as much a visual treat as a luxurious place to stay in Malaysia’s capital. Unparalleled views of the city are featured in many of the rooms and gathering spaces. Dining options are also first-rate: there’s a coffee shop for casual meals, and a rooftop steakhouse and bar for more upscale occasions.
6. The Playford Adelaide MGallery by Sofitel is known for its superb service and sophistication. Chefs at the Playford Restaurant serve up five-star dishes, and the hotel is within walking distance of the Adelaide Festival Centre and the Art Gallery of South Australia.
5. Dolce CampoReal Lisbon is the ideal accommodation for a visit to Portugal. Beautiful terraces off of some of the rooms provide sweeping views of the golf courses below, and three unique restaurants — including a secluded wine-cellar bar — make for unforgettable dining experiences.
4. Located along the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok, Thailand, the Chatrium Hotel offers the best of the city’s culture and vibe with breathtaking water views. Luxury amenities include five different restaurants (including one on a barge in the river), a full-service spa, and outdoor pool and bar, plus a playground for the kids.
3. New York City’s Hotel Sofitel rates highly for its location in the center of the city, just minutes away from Broadway, Times Square, Grand Central Terminal, and Rockefeller Center. The Prestige Terrace suite, which comes with its own outdoor deck set against the Manhattan skyline, is a once-in-a-lifetime way to experience the Big Apple.
2. The Four Seasons Hotel Sydney is a fabulous way to experience this famed Australian destination. Located in the heart of the city, guest rooms feature unbeatable views of the iconic Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbor Bridge. Designer toiletries, a hair salon, and a full-service spa are other perks.
1. The W hotel in Taipei, Taiwan, stands out for incredible design details throughout — each of its 405 rooms are outfitted with chic, ultra-modern appliances and furniture that make for a unique stay. Beyond that, the hotel offers on-site fitness classes, ice skating, and fabulous views from all 31 floors.